Saturday 30 June 2012

Tan sólo escuchadas


When I made the rules of my list at the end of December last year I gave myself a grave handicap: I could only count species which I had seen. In Amazonia, of course, many birds are to be heard and not seen; but rules are rules and such species don't count. In an idle airport moment, however, I've come up with a list of birds I heard in the Amazon and Andean forests of Peru this month but which this time I didn't see. Almost certainly there are others which will emerge when I write the report of our Peruvian trip but these are the species I can remember for now. 


Birds I heard (but didn’t see) in Peru and which therefore don’t count on this daft list of mine
little tinamou
Crypturellus soui
brown tinamou
Crypturellus obsoletus
undulated tinamou
Crypturellus undulatus
tawny-bellied screech-owl
Megascops watsonii
crested owl
Lophostrix cristata
spectacled owl
Pulsatrix perspicillata
Amazonian pygmy-owl
Glaucidium hardyi
common potoo
Nyctibius griseus
collared trogon
Trogon collaris
rufous motmot
Baryphthengus martii
striolated puffbird
Nystalus striolatus
rufous-capped nunlet
Nonnula ruficapilla
pale-legged hornero
Furnarius leucopus
chestnut-crowned foliage-gleaner
Automolus rufipileatus
warbling antbird
Hypocnemis peruviana
chestnut-tailed antbird
Myrmeciza hemimelaena
Goeldi’s antbird
Myrmeciza goeldii
black-faced antthrush
Formicarius analis
rufous antpitta
Grallaria rufula
flammulated bamboo tyrant
Hemitriccus flammulatus
forest elaenia
Myiopagis gaimardii
bright-rumped attila
Attila spadiceus
screaming piha
Lipaugus vociferans
lemon-chested greenlet
Hylophilus thoracicus
dusky-capped greenlet
Hylophilus hypoxanthus
moustached wren
Thryothorus genibarbis
scaly-breasted wren
Microcerculus marginatus
Andean solitaire
Myadestes ralloides
white-eared solitaire
Entomodestes leucotis
tit-like dacnis
Xenodacnis parina


No comments:

Post a Comment