Tuesday 21 February 2012

An apology and a gecko

It's late, I've been up for many hours and tomorrow I leave with my group for the Sunderbans. It behoves me to be brief. Let me apologise first for posting so many days of spottings and sightings all in one go. It has been impossible in the past ten days to get online and upload my wildlife-related jabberings. Let me also apologise for the content, spelling, punctuation and accuracy of what I've posted. Leading tours is a demanding business and I've barely had time to sit and write. I've certainly had no time to read what I've written or check whether I've spelled scientific names correctly. Let me know if you find any mistakes.

This evening I'm once again in the home of my friend and colleague Sujan and his family. Two highlights have competed for my attention here: Arpita's delicious cooking and a house gecko on the wall above the kitchen door.

To the Sunderbans tomorrow: kingfishers here I come.



Reptiles

3
house gecko
Hemidactylus frenatus

2012 Totals
Mammals: 29
Birds: 313
Reptiles: 3
Amphibians: 0
Fish: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment