Thursday 20 December 2012

Ol' blue-eyes


It is widely acknowledged that, apart from some humans, blue-eyed black lemurs are the only primates to have, well, blue eyes. This fact was cast into doubt recently by my witty tour client Rhoda Allen (also responsible for the 'nongoose' epithet) who took a photo of a Verreaux's sifaka with blue eyes. As everyone knows, Verreaux's sifakas have yellow eyes, piercing yellow eyes, all the better for staring at you. Not this one.

Yesterday Naturetrek sent out the trip reports for my recent Madagascar tours. Today I received an email from Rhoda, tongue-in-cheekily expressing disappointment that Allen's blue-eyed sifaka had not made the report. I promised to make good the slight on my blog.

Ol' blue-eyes by Rhoda Allen

I've loved, laughed and cried.
I've had my fill, my share of losing.
But now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing,
To think I did all that,
And may I say not in a shy way.
No, no, not me,
I did it my way.

Paul Anka
My Way
performed by Frank Sinatra

No comments:

Post a Comment