Wednesday 11 January 2012

Tit Willow Tit Willow Tit Willow

Willow tit by Anne-Marie Kalus
My friend Anne-Marie Kalus, who in 2008 saw her first tigers and leopards on a Naturetrek Tiger Direct tour I was leading and who in March will, with luck, be watching blue whales and leopards with me in Sri Lanka, is a very keen photographer and has been kind enough to send this photo... for comparison's sake. She has rather cleverly captured the pale secondary panel, bulging, bullfinchy (is that a word?) neck, and clean white cheek which make this a willow tit.

Had you been there (at Warwickshire Wildlife Trust's Whitacre Heath nature reserve), you might have heard the bird complaining nasally: dzheee dzheee dzheee! Had I been there, willow tit would be on my yearlist. I wasn't.

Anne-Marie's beautiful photographs from all over the world may be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment